Friday, March 18, 2005

Temporary freedom


Temple of Dendur Posted by Hello

Today was my first day of spring break. Josh went home for a few days, so I decided to do something Josh would be less likely to participate in.

I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.... at 10:00 A.M. I've never gone to a museum by myself. When you're visiting a museum in a group, you usually can't decide to go off on a whim and look at a particular exhibit, unless you're the teacher and you're taking students on a class trip (ah, the good ol' days). It was nice to walk around the surprisingly uncrowded museum and not have to say anything about the exhibits. I think the only thing I said inside the museum was "thank you" to a man who held a door open for me.

After a few hours of culture, I went down to the Village, where I walked from the east side to the west side because I wanted some cupcakes from Magnolia. My luck held out for again, as there was no line to get into the bakery.

This past week didn't turn out to be the drawn-out pre-spring break week I expected. I got a great grade on my property midterm, an interview for next week, a visit to the Met (something I wanted to do for a long time), and cupcakes.

Life is good.... until school starts again.

No comments: