Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Flippity-flops

It seems like every summer, I'm on the hunt for the most comfortable, yet easy-on-the-eyes pair of flip-flops. I usually wind up with ones that have uncomfortable straps or just don't seem that great to wear while walking any distance beyond 1.5 blocks.

Behold... the flip-flops of my dreams.

I feel like I'm walking on a cloud. After I left the store, I walked the cobblestone streets of South Street Seaport and noticed the overall crappiness of my then-current flip flops as I felt the edges of each cobblestone I walked over.

Josh was so impressed by the quality that he bought some for himself - the guys' version, of course. He was slightly disappointed that the soles weren't as thick as mine, but I was quick to point out that J.Crew didn't make wedge flip-flops for guys. Now he doesn't have to continue looking for manly sandals/flip-flops.

Or... as I like to call them: mandals.

Books purloined today: 8
Books amassed: 23
(I also went to the children's department yesterday and got several books, but I gave them to my cousins already, so I didn't include them in the count)

No comments: