Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Step into my office

So my ten week publishing internship has begun. I find it funny that I couldn't get an interview as an English major college graduate with a publisher, and now as a law student, I got an internship. I do feel slightly out of place though. Most of the interns are still in college, bubbling with enthusiasm and optimism.

I'll be working in the subsidiary rights department of a large publisher this summer. True, it's not as glamorous as an editorial job, but I found out from my coworkers that the editing jobs always go to superstars from Ivy League schools (those bubbly interns I met must've been from Ivys). No wonder my only internship in editing was with a textbook publisher.

I don't make very much money, but, I find that the intern's wages are compensated by the loads of free books I get. Every day I walk into the office, it's like walking into a candy store.

I plan on making another wall for my cubicle out of books.

Number of books purloined today: 6 [edit: 7, thanks to K for getting me another Braun book that I didn't even know existed!]
Number of books purloined in total: 8 [edit: 9]

No comments: