Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lunch break


Excuse me sir, there's an elephant stuck to your shoe. Posted by Hello

I'm temping this week at a financial firm by Central Park. I went to FAO Schwarz during my lunch break today. They have a huge section filled with stuffed animals and one of these is the elephant pictured above. Normally, tourists take pictures standing next to it.

Today, the security guard yelled for some prepubescent kids to get off of the elephant. They had climbed onto its back. Of course, the kids showed no remorse for what they did, and their stupid parents didn't do anything about it either. The guard said, "That elephant costs $15,000. You break it, you buy it." I left the store quickly after that because I wanted to avoid being yelled at for having my iced chai in hand around a $15,000 stuffed animal.

Yesterday during my lunch break, I stepped into Trump Tower for a moment, and guess who I saw? None other than Apprentice winner, Kelly Perdew. I also saw another guy who worked for Trump and was standing in for George (I think during the second season).

This temp job is so much fun.

No comments: