Saturday, September 10, 2005

Yes, that's who I think it is!



After living for a year in Manhattan, I've finally had an honest to goodness brush with fame.

Josh and I were walking by Les Halles, which is right by my apartment and we were standing on the edge of all the cameramen who were surrounding a red carpet. Apparently, Les Halles was having a party in honor of Anthony Bourdain's book, Kitchen Confidential.

I was looking for anyone I recognized in the crowd, figuring that there might be someone there from Food Network. Then I saw this guy and said to Josh, "Isn't that Harold from Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle?" And sure enough, it really was John Cho.

He walked towards us and I said hi to him when he was close enough, and told him that I really liked Harold and Kumar. He thanked me for the compliment, shook Josh's and my hand, and introduced himself officially. It was really neat and it made my day.

Nothing this exciting ever happens down by where I live after the trading day is finished. The most exciting thing Josh and I have ever seen is a shoplifter being chased down by Century 21 security.

No comments: