Tuesday, February 22, 2005

And not to forget lunch...

Lunch at Blue Water Grill was divine. Josh and I went because we had two $20.05 gift cards that were given to us for coming in during Restaurant Week at the beginning of the month, and the cards were good for the rest of February (I figured I should explain before people think I'm loaded or spending my school loans frivilously).

I was surprised to find that another prix fixe lunch menu was being offered at $20.05, the same price as Restaurant Week. Being dollar-conscious, I went with the prix fixe. Josh ordered from the regular menu and had a smoked salmon and tuna roll followed by lobster avocado salad for his main course.

I started with the oyster sampler. I tried one of Josh's oysters last time and I thought it was delicious, so I wanted to confirm if it was a one-time fluke. The four oysters came with three accompaniments, two of which were different from the sampler Josh had a few weeks ago. There was plum-sake jelly, Meyer lemon ceviche, and ginger mignonette (vinegarish condiment). I tried one oyster plain, loved it, and loved it even more with the ginger mignonette.

For the main course, I had a seafood brochette over mushroom risotto with tomato broth. Although the risotto seemed to be made with barley rather than arborio rice, it was still very tasty.

For dessert, there was a selection of sorbets: mango, coconut-lime, and strawberry (Josh and I shared this).

Yummy!

No comments: