Friday, February 18, 2005

Brush with fame

While Josh and I were walking back from lunch at Green Bo in Chinatown, we passed the courthouse on Centre Street. There was a camera crew there and there was quite a hubbub as well, so I wondered what important event was happening on the courthouse steps. Josh and I walked by the steps and through the camera crew. I saw those director chairs and figured that we weren't witnessing a news crew in action - someone was filming for TV or a movie. As I walked by the chairs, I read the backs: "Law and Order."

Neat! I've only seen three episodes of "Law and Order" (ha, I'm a law school student but I don't watch "Law and Order"), but it's neat that I just walked through the crew for the show. Josh and I decided to stand on the sidewalk by the crew watching them film. Just as we were getting comfortable, some studio lackey said to us, "You can't stand by the street like that." I bit back the remark, "Are you happy with your job?"

Josh and I obeyed, but we walked about 10 ft. away from the lackey and watched from there. We didn't stay very long because we weren't close enough to hear or figure out the identities of the actors on the courthouse steps.

No comments: