Friday, February 18, 2005

Train wreck

I can't believe I'm watching the third season of "The Apprentice." I don't think it's worse than the second season, but some of the contestants this season don't seem to know how to conduct themselves in a professional context. Personally, I root for the Street Smarts team (ironically, considering I'm in law school and would therefore fall under Book Smarts) because you have to admire how successful they are without any higher education.

What is wrong with Erin, the lawyer? She can't stop moving or bobbing her head while she talks. How was Danny even selected as a contestant??!! What's with the bow ties, Bren?? Raj pulled it off because... well, he was Raj. How could the Street Smarts team behave like that in front of Trump when he took them out to dinner for their first win? Their swearing was so uncouth and out of place in that fancy, exclusive restaurant. You don't have the job yet, buddies. Everything's an interview until "you're hired!"

After watching the second season, which disappointed me so badly because the first season was great (of course), I lost the desire to watch the show, but I can't stop! It's like watching a train wreck.

No comments: