Friday, February 25, 2005

Move!

While walking home from DSW in Battery Park, Josh and I took the bridge over the West Side Highway. As we were about to descend the stairs back down to street level, I found a gentleman clad in business attire speaking with a woman standing right in front of the stairs, in the way of anyone wanting to go down. As I squeezed around him with Josh, I said loudly, "It doesn't make much sense to stand at the top of the stairs!"

As we got to the bottom, I asked Josh if the man was still standing in the way. He said he didn't hear if the man said anything (which doesn't answer the question, but who cares). I said, "I don't care if he says anything back. What's he going to say? If he calls me a bitch, I'll call him an asshole for standing in everyone's way!"

Then I said, "Wow, I've gotten mean since I moved to New York." Josh agreed, saying that New Jersey Dora would have muttered quietly to herself down the street instead of yelling at the cause of her frustration.

No comments: