Thursday, April 07, 2005

Book smarts?

During my Oral Advocacy class, we did ungraded practice arguments in preparation for our moot court arguments next week. I took some notes before class for my two-minute argument. One of my classmates asked me if I was ready for my speech. That question pissed me off because some people will ask you questions because they want to make conversation, but others will ask you questions because they're checking to see if you'll be any competition against them.

"No, I'm not prepared. Ask me if I care."

After making a cake of myself with my underprepared argument, I wanted to escape the school. There's a freight elevator right outside my classroom. I noticed before class that there was a green sign taped over the button that stated the elevator was out of service. When I walked out of the classroom, there were three men who may have been students (I have trouble telling because sometimes students wear suits) waiting by the elevator. The sign was still taped over the button.

I asked them, "Isn't the elevator out of service?"
"Yeah, it is," one of the guys said, "but we're going to give it a shot anyway."

I took the stairs.

No comments: