Friday, April 22, 2005

Springing about

It was so beautiful outside today that I couldn't resist taking a walk before studying. I'm glad that the 80 degree weather went away after that one blip this week. I was wondering what happened to Spring and when was Summer allowed to start in April?? I wish the weather was like this all year 'round (except until it got cloudy in the afternoon).

Josh and I walked around in Chinatown for a while. He saw that I didn't have any straws to make stars and I'm so close to finishing my current bottle, so he was nice and suggested Chinatown even though he doesn't like it. I got to buy my straws and a few grocery items. Since it's getting warm, I want to make Almond Dofu again, served with evaporated milk and fruit cocktail (yum!). We also got to watch a dragon dance outside of a restaurant's grand opening.

Today, for the first time, I made risotto from scratch. It wasn't very difficult, just time consuming, because I couldn't leave it alone for very long (unless I wanted burnt rice). The risotto was flavored with dried porcini mushrooms, garlic, and onion. It was very nearly not-flavored with garlic and onion because Josh poured them into the wrong pot, but I picked out as much as I could.

Well, 10 days until my first final exam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am terrifically jealous of your long reading period (as I catch up on blogs while procrastinating ;)

Any plans to get out of the city during May?