Saturday, April 16, 2005

How YOU doin'?

Ever since moving to New York, I've been hit on by all sorts of guys (noticeably not by Asian or white guys). Here is a selection of lines that they've used.
  1. Heeey!
  2. Neee ho ma? [This line has been used most memorably by the creepy guy on the corner of Fulton and Broadway who hands out flyers for a strip club and some nasty looking guy who drove the ugliest car I've ever seen, an orange Scion box-on-wheels)].
  3. The two black guys who always hang out on the corner by the guy who sells cheap cell phone accessories: Yo this be mah nephew [points to the guy next to him]
  4. You're looking beautiful today.
  5. Hey gorgeous! [shouted from a delivery truck, but I didn't mind because I'd just come from the interview that got me my summer job]

No comments: