Saturday, April 16, 2005

Obstruction of professor's official functions

I was bailiff/timekeeper for P's moot court this afternoon. I joked with him and his teammate that I'd distract their professor for them so he wouldn't notice any mistake.

Some potential lines:
"Oh, Professor, I heard you used to be a wrestler in college. You must've looked great in your tight little outfit! I love wrestling. Let's see who can pin who first!"
"Oh, Professor, you look wonderful in those judge's robes. They suit you so well!"
"Oh, Professor - may I call you John? I think you'd make a great judge... Chief Justice John Napoleon*!"

It was interesting watching a moot court since I'd finished mine already. I kept my head down most of the time and stared at my watch because I didn't want to smile at a weird time or giggle.

Now Josh is preparing for his moot court. I'll be nice and show him what it's really like to be supportive, rather than doing favors begrudgingly and whining about how I shouldn't have to do anything to help.

*Not his real name

No comments: